- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound chorizo (casing removed)
- 6 chicken wings, divided (12 pieces in all)
- One medium chopped onion
- One TBS chopped garlic
- One Can baby peas (such as Lesueur)
- One small bottle pimentos
- 6 squid, cleaned and cut into bite-sizes rings or pieces, or baby octopus
- 12 jumbo shrimp
- 12 mussels
- 12 clams
- 1 bottle clam juice
- One cup white wine
- One cup water
- Two chicken bouillon cubes (or one Knorr bouillon cube)
- 1/2 pound white fish (halibut, snapper, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
In a small sauce pan, combine clam juice, wine, water, bouillon cubes, and two or three large sprinklings of saffron. Bring to simmer. (This mixture should be a bright yellow/orange from the saffron.)
In a six-person paella pan, cook the onion, garlic, chorizo, and chicken in the olive oil over medium high heat. When the chorizo is cooked through, add peas with their liquid, pimento, squid or octopus, and white fish. Stir to incorporate and cook, stirring, for a minute or two.
Add the rice and enough of the simmering bouillon liquid to just cover the contents of the pan. Turn heat down to medium.
Place whole shrimp and mollusks artfully into the paella pan mixture. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed and shells open. Garnish with lemon segments.